DID YOU FIND ME VIA THE APRIL A-Z CHALLENGE?

To read my posts, head over to my other blog, Degenerate Dictionary for a snort or two. (I mean laugh by that, btw, not snorting drugs.)

Wednesday, 1 May 2013

The Artist Unleashed: INDIESTRUCTIBLE: INSPIRING STORIES FROM THE PUBLISHING JUNGLE, by Jessica Bell

Haha, yep, it's me, being a guest on my own blog! Pretty sure that's legal, right?

I've got a few things to share with you today, but first of all HAPPY MAY DAY!

For all those who participated in A-Z, how are you feeling? Totally exhausted or psyched to get back into regular blogging?

My biggest announcement today is the revelation of a very special project I've been working on ...

It's an anthology I'm compiling and editing called, INDIESTRUCTIBLE: INSPIRING STORIES FROM THE PUBLISHING JUNGLE, which will launch September 16, 2013. It will be sold as an eBook for 99c for the first six months. During that time I will donate 100% of the profits to BuildOn, an amazing charity that aims to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education.

This book will bring you the experiences of 29 indie authors—their passions, their insights, their successes—to help other authors make the leap into indie publishing. This is not a how-to guide. This is the best of the indie tradition of experienced authors paying forward what they’ve learned, giving you information to help you on your journey. The personal essays in this book will leave you itching to get your work into the hands of readers and experience, first-hand, all the rewards indie publishing has to offer.

I've already set up a sign-up form for those interested in helping spread the word. Any amount of help big or small would be greatly appreciated. It will be up to you, when the times comes, as to how much you do. I will provide a list of things you can do, plus promo material. You can then choose what to do with it. You might choose to simply copy/paste a pre-written tweet, or to copy/paste a full-fledged blog post from a prepared HTML doc. It will all be made very easy for you. I will not expect you to write anything from scratch.



If you could Tweet about the sign-up form it would be great!

You can just copy/paste this:
INDIESTRUCTIBLE—Help promote fab new #IndieAuthor book—All profits go 2 @buildOnEmpowers! Sign up here: http://goo.gl/mNjo3 #amwriting
______________________

Women's Work
In other news, a poetry anthology I'm in got reviewed in The Australian! This is HUGE for me. Certain bookshops have even written to stock the book, including Gleeboks in Sydney, The NSW State Library, Fullers in Tasmania, Readings in Melbourne, and Matilda Books in S.A. I know I'm not mentioned in the article, but if people buy this anthology, and read my poem, and like it, finally, finally, I might start getting my wet little literary feet recognized in my home country. Fingers and toes crossed!
______________________


Also, I have the honour of being interviewed over at Literary Rambles where I'm giving away a copy of my latest writing craft book which officially releases today! Hope to see you there!

I'd also like to thank DawnMattGlynisNicoleRachel, MichaelCherie, and Sheri for posting about this book on their blogs today, too.

Have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. That's terrific, Jessica! Slow and steady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lots of exciting things happening. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honored to be a part of the book!
    Exhausted, yes. IWSG today so no break for me until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED the Challenge this year, probably because I posted recipes as a way to promote my upcoming cookbook, and really had fun hearing people's food comments and family dinner traditions. Good luck with your anthology, Jessica! Sounds like intriguing reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't WAIT to read Indiestructible! Great idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lots of awesome stuff going on here Jess. That list of contributing authors rocks.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica. As Donna says, lots of stuff happening here. I signed up for Indiestructable and tweeted about the sign up. I enjoyed your Show Don't Tell BTW. And congrats on being reviewed in the Australian. Must look for it.

    All the best!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the review in The Australian. Indiestructable sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really awesome! Congrats!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my. What a great idea. I'm going to tweet this right now and go spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, awesome! I hope people are inspired by the stories! And I hope that craft book is taking off! I know it'll help folks~ ((hugs)) <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to be reading this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited about being a part of Indiestructible! I know it's going to be a fantastic anthology.

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris