Monday 20 October 2014

Happy 15th Birthday Mr. Lenny Lee! We Miss You!

The video below is of me miming to "Mr. Lee" by The Bobbettes, and was recorded as a special way to wish Lenny Lee a happy 15th birthday today, and to tell him how much we miss reading his blog! Where are you Mr. Lenny Lee?!

It's hard to believe that I met Lenny five years ago, when he was only TEN. He has been a part of so many bloggers' lives; loved and cherished dearly. These five years have meant a lot, as he's been through many battles with his leukemia. But he's a strong young man, and will forever be my indoor sunshine.

Lenny, I hope this video makes you smile. We miss you! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


____________

Sign up to my newsletter and receive Book #1 of the Writing in a Nutshell Series, Show & Tell in a Nutshell, or Muted: A Short Story in Verse, for FREE.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jess - that was brilliant!! Such fun .. and Lenny will be so pleased ... and yes you are a rock singer ... fantastic to see, listen to etc ... wonderful ... bit thank you - this made my day .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi miss Jessica! WOW! how cool is that. i must of watched it a zillion times. that's the coolest birthday present ever. you made me smile and laugh and feel soooo special.. thanks thanks thanks for doing that especially for me. you got me right in the heart and made my birthday soooo happy.

    ...loads of love and big hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, Lenny! I miss you so much!!! <3

      Delete
  3. That was a really awesome thing to do for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much, Jess! We miss you, Lenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe I missed this yesterday. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris