Wednesday 17 September 2014

The Artist Unleashed: ARE YOU A PANSER? OR DO YOU HAVE A (BUSINESS) PLAN? by Jacqueline Garlick

You are talking to the most unorganized person, quite possibly in the free world. No, I’m not kidding.

I am.

I have no patience for time. I never wear a watch, and in school I HATED the idea of planners. Okay, with that said may I suggest I’m the most unlikely person EVER to write this post? It’s true, BUT, if someone like me can find value in this strategy, IMAGINE what it can do for you!!!

Let’s face it; there are too many ...

Sorry for the interruption, but The Artist Unleashed posts have moved to a new domain. Please click HERE to read the rest of this post and for the opportunity to comment.
___________________

Sign up to Jessica's newsletter and receive Book #1 of the Writing in a Nutshell Series, Show & Tell in a Nutshell, or Muted: A Short Story in Verse, for FREE.

4 comments:

  1. I keep a calendar, but not for my writing. Maybe I should.
    What we haven't tried yet - I like that attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! It wont work exactly like that for me, but I'm definately going to incorporate some of your thoughts into my plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A thousand times YES! As a fellow creative-brained person, I have had to learn to do a ton of plotting, planning, mapping, and calendaring. Creative people benefit more than anyone from getting externally organized, because our brains don't do these things naturally--they are set on random-lightning-flash-mode every day. It's science.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed Jeannie! Good to hear from the rest of you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris