Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Artist Unleashed: MAGGIE'S CHILD by Glynis Smy

Author of Ripper, My Love, Glynis Smy, is celebrating the launch of her second novel today. Maggie’s Child has been born into the world of ebook and paperback.
When farmer’s wife Maggie Sawbury gives birth to her fifth child, the only one that has lived and the result of an extra-marital affair, she is heartbroken and desperate. Maggie knows her joyless life with a bully of a husband is not one a child should endure, and she leaves the baby at the roadside to be found by passers-by.

Her money-driven husband announces he has found her another job in the village of Redgrave, aside from the many tasks she has on Windtop farm. He is totally unaware the position comes a secret. One that frightens and yet brings joy to Maggie. She is to become wet-nurse to her abandoned child.

Love and the possibility of incest threaten to open old wounds, and Maggie has several decisions to make. However, will they be the right ones? If she tells all she knows, it will bring about the destruction of three families. Equally, her silence could be just as destructive. She shares her secret with another, the result changes her life, and a death brings with it more secrets. Will Maggie stay or will she walk away and find the love she craves?
 The ebook will be available at a Christmas -- New Year price of 99c via Amazon, (and other Amazon outlets around the world).

Want to win a paperback copy?

If you can tell Glynis the name of the prostitute friend in her novel, Ripper, My Love, you will be put into a draw for a prize copy of Maggie’s Child in paperback format. The email address you need to send the answer to can be found in the sidebar of, NEW BOOK BLOGGER.






Glynis Smy, (nee Honeycombe), was born and raised in the coastal town of Dovercourt, near Harwich, in the county of Essex, England.

She married her school sweetheart, Peter, in 1979 and they produced three amazing children, Darren, Nicola, and Emma. The long hours of a nursing career, and running two pharmacies ended in 2005, when she and her husband moved from the UK to the Mediterranean island of Cyprus.

Glynis spends her time writing historical novels, poetry and various other projects. When she is not tapping at the keyboard she makes greeting cards to sell for charity, or enjoys a spot of cross-stitch on the back porch. Failing that, she and friends sit chewing the fat over a glass of village wine.

To purchase Ripper, My Love in various formats: Books by Glynis Smy

Meet and Tweet with Glynis ... Ghunibee
Facebook Page: Glynis Smy
Author Blog: Glynis Smy


Thanks go out to Talli Roland, Len Lambert, Jen Moon and Dieter Moitzi for their support with this novel. Also to all those who are hosting the launch event.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck, Glynis! It sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Glynis' book the other day for the first time. It sounds amazing and the cover is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've downloaded it and am excited to read it. Awesome cover, Glynis. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I won a copy of this book, and I can NOT wait to read it!!! It sounds amazing. Totally something I would LOVE. Good luck to Glynis! A great writer-friend~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess and Glynis .. me too - I won a copy ... I need to get my downloading organised and then I'm away ...

    Jess - got your Show Don't Tell .. and I ordered Derek's CD .. and I have to sort the rest out!!

    Have a lovely Christmas in Greece and a very happy festive season .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your release, Glynis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all! Sorry, Jessica, Christmas got in the way of me getting around to you! Thank you so much for helping me launch! x

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris