Friday 14 October 2011

Pay It Forward Blog Fest ~ how could I not get involved in this?

Matthew over at The QQQE and Alex J. Cavanaugh are hosting a blog fest today in order to increase everyone's blog traffic. The deal is that each participant must list three blogs they think others should follow. But you know what? Yesterday, Leigh T. Moore cheated and listed more (she posted a day early). So I'm going to play her game. Hahaha! See, look, I've already listed three mega-fantastic blogs in my introduction!!!

Actually, you know what? I'm not going to cheat. That's just going to make it harder on everyone. All my buddies know who you are, right? So, without further ado ... here are three blogs which I think should get better recognition:

Not only is she one of my trusty critique partners, but she is also one of the most BRILLIANT writers I have ever met. I really am surprised she doesn't have more followers than she has. I think it has to do with her being so busy all the time, and I guess she doesn't get the chance to spread herself around the blog masses. And of course, she's busy brilliantly writing adult thriller and paranormal romantic suspense. I'm not allowed to talk about her achievements in public yet, but let me tell you, if you knew what she had in store for her publishing career, your jaw would be touching your toes and you'd be drooling incessantly--she is THAT good.

This is the brain child of Dawn Ius and Judith Graves. Navigating the social media waters can be overwhelming and Bridge Social Media is your lifeline. With more than 15 years of combined marketing and communications experience, they'll bridge the gap in your marketing plan and effectively link you to your target audience. On they're blog you can read all sorts of interesting facts about social media, and also about their clients. They also hold tons of giveaways you don't want to miss out on. But this company is just up and running this year, and I'd love for them to get some more exposure. This begins with BLOG traffic. So please do me a favor and click that follow button!

This woman is a superstar. She is a publisher, an author, an illustrator, and a musician. She even writes AMAZING poetry. I know that for a fact. I've read some of it! On this beautiful blog you can read about each and every one of her endeavors, be it writing, drawing or what have you. The talents of Janice are never-ending, and her blog never ceases to entertain. In addition to that, she is a generous, kindhearted, gentle soul, whom I will keep in my heart forever and ever. And how can I not mention the fact that she was the first publishing professional to whole-heartedly believe in me and my writing. She helped me make String Bridge what it is today. I can't thank you enough, for this, Janice. Do please follow her blog. Her posts really won't disappoint!

Please follow these blogs today, and comment on them if you can find the time. Also please take a look at the list of all the other participants HERE or HERE, and try to visit a few of those too!

PS: If you missed my radio appearance yesterday, you can listen to the archive HERE.

PPS: I have String Bridge Merchandise!!! T-shirts, Hoodies, Mugs, Kindle cases, Notebooks, GALORE! Check it out!


29 comments:

  1. Thanks for passing on the links, those are some tasty blogs :) I'll listen to your radio appearance when I can snag some sneaky time in work today :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting from the Blogfest. I like your blog. There are loads of writing in this mix, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the blogfest. I shall read some over the week-end.

    Good luck with your merchandise.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these blogs! I visit Janice's. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh… Jessica, you have made my week! Your CD review at Soundmag and now this. Thank you so much for your words and for sharing the link to my creativity blog. Everything you do is so infused with talent and creativity, and you share of your soul and your experiences and knowledge with others so generously…how could I not I believe in you!

    PS: I do have a Google Friend Connect Follow button on Appalachian Morning, as well as the RSS button and the option to follow by email. I post 3-6 posts a month, so not too much to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these sound great! Thanks for sharing.... and I gotta get me a String Bridge tee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only are you a brilliant writer, but you are also one of the most generous, big-hearted people I know. How lucky am I to have had you enter my life. Thank you for this, sweetie. Love you BIG. And that's not even enough. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the links! They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the links, Jessica! And I'm totally going to check out that String Bridge merchandise - after checking out the blogs, of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all new to me! And you have merchandise now? That is cool!
    Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! String Bridge swag! whoot!

    I didn't cheat! Matt said I could post early... You two are not right. :D

    I'm down w/Dawn and Bridge. Now I gotta check out Janice~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. LTM is a scandalous little minx. But I did tell her she could cheat.

    And you've got some awesome blogs listed here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blogs--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun blog! I couldn't help but click to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Again! I know none of them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the new links, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the links! How did you enjoy the radio appearance?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the links.

    I couldn't get to listen to the radio show, but how did it go? <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing the links. I see you all over at blogs so am finally following you. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool links. (= I'm having a hard time keeping up with the blogs I already follow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great videos and music. I really like the wine video :) (but of course) You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know, I know! Wasn't this the greatest bloghop ever? I'll have to check out your choices. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jessica! Stopping on by from the blogfest. Nice to "meet" you! Hope your weekend is fantastic & looking forward to following...

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are too many to choose from, right?

    Have a great weekend, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Agree how could one not do it, although I cheated and did more than three, so sue me..haha, will check out the links.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi there,
    Thankyou so much for stopping by my blog. I have popped over from alex's blogfest. Lovely to meet you and you have a new follower. xoxo
    Eve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I checked out your suggestions and am now following. Good selections.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, Jes,

    They look like some great suggestions.

    Congrats on String Bridge Merchandise... what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i missed the pay it forward hop, so stopping by fashionably late! nice to meet u :)

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris