Wednesday 19 October 2011

Why armpits are a useful tool for suffocation ...

Source
It's one of those days where I have no idea what to write. I'm sitting here, with my fingers lightly touching the home keys, staring at the screen and my very orange signature I'm still not sure I like. I can feel the energy zing below my fingertips, they're screaming, "Make me play hopscotch! Make me jump!"

I scream back, "Shut up! I'm thinking!"

Silence. Stillness. Zing ...

My fingertips groan and break out in a sweat anticipating their possible next move, "You are pathetic. You just scored a job that's making you giddy, and you're not going to let us type up your hype?"

My middle finger twitches ...

"Hey! How rude!" I lift my hands, which are now as heavy as concrete due to my fingers insisting they remain firmly on the keys, but I manage to yank them away and suffocate them in my armpits.

"Look. I'm sorry. But it's confidential ... I'll resuscitate you tomorrow."

22 comments:

  1. Jessica, this is an awesome post. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Sure, keep us in suspense. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guys, now your keyboard is either going to smell like deodorant or arm-pit funk. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to start calling you Molly Shannon. Superstar!

    Hey, what's this exciting news you have?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! Not fair. You're such a tease. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drat. Come on. You can't keep us in suspense like this. And wash your hands before you start typing again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you teasing us? *grin* Your poor, poor fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure I know what's going on here, but I still love the way you tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny.

    I LOVE the finger pics that people do. SO much fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You mean we have to wait until tomorrow? Aww ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. *groans*
    I know that "fingers touching the keyboard while staring into space" thing. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate when my fingers are inpatient with me. Insolent bastards.
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  13. By the way what I meant to type there was "impatient," but I blame that on my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha! Thanks for making me laugh today, Jess. I love the photo, did you take it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jessica, sometimes time gets away from me, but I just wanted to say congrats on the new job! I think that's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! Congrats to you, you funny girl! My fingers do me like that sometimes and I DON'T even have exciting news. ((hugs)) :o) <3

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris