Tuesday 19 February 2013

WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TO THIS RETREAT, which is worth 1,550* Euros, plus more!

Vine Leaves Literary Journal is proud to announce that you have the chance to WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TO THIS RETREAT, which is worth 1,550 Euros, plus more!

Picture

If you’re considering a writing event this year, but are looking for just as much of an opportunity to sit down and write as you are to learn from the pros, then how about you write a vignette to win a spot at the Homeric Writers’ Retreat & Workshop, Aug. 1-7, 2013?

It’s held on the beautiful Greek isle of Ithaca which remains unspoiled by the modern world. Even in the height of summer you can find a secluded beach or a rustic corner to contemplate your thoughts. On Ithaca you'll discover the island’s rich culture and the reason why it holds such a special place in the hearts of those who have visited its shores. Learn more on the website.

HOW TO ENTER:

Submit your vignette (one poem, or one piece of prose) at THIS LINK.
  • ONE vignette per entry. (If you want to submit more than one vignette, you will need to submit each as a separate entry. $5.00 entry fee)
  • Poems: no longer than 40 lines
  • Prose: no longer than 800 words.


First Prize:


Second Prize:

Third Prize:
Contest ends April 30.
Winners announced on or before May 31.


*Travel expenses not included. Winners of the scholarship must finance their own travel to the island. If winners can't attend, they may gift the scholarship to someone who can.

5 comments:

  1. This is the best contest ever! I'm signing up. Hope I win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contest. The dates don't work for me, but good luck to everyone entering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great prize. I'd love to see Ithaca, and some of the history of Greece. I've been wanting to try vignettes, since I read your description of the term.

    Thanks for the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, amazing contest!! I simply must enter!

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris