Friday 18 March 2011

HELP NEEDED for WE ARE ALL JAPAN anthology

I know I'm not supposed to be posting today but I really want to support this effort to publish an anthology for Japan. Please help too, if you can. Thanks guys!!!
Details:

An OPEN CALL for submission to WE ARE ALL JAPAN

We at WE ARE ALL JAPAN are assembling an anthology of all types of poetry and haibun - We Are All Japan. The purpose of the anthology is to display to Japan our feelings of love and concern for the hell they have and are currently enduring.

All proceeds from the anthology will be donated to the the Salvation Army or the Red Cross in Japan.

http://wearealljapan.blogspot.com/

ANTHOLOGY "WE ARE ALL JAPAN"

Please submit any kind of poetry as well as haibun (stating your name, city and country) to svtojapan@gmail.com.

We also need a photo or artwork for the cover. Please send your original work to the same email.

Deadline: May 15, 2011.

Robert D. Wilson and Sasa Vazic


TO DONATE FOR THE PRINTING COSTS OF THE ANTHOLOGY, A GIFT TO THE PEOPLE OF JAPAN, GO TO: http://theartofhaiku.com/


All proceeds above the cost of publishing will be donated to the Salvation Army or the Red Cross to help radiation, earthquake, and tsunami victims.


We would also like to send a copy to libraries in Japanese cities and towns that were hit the hardest



14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess~ :)
    This is wonderful. I'm so glad you shared the info--I may have a poem or two I could submit. Thanks!
    ~Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea Jessica, I hope you get a good response,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll go take a look, thanks Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful- I think there are two groups doing this- that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi miss jessica! im thinking any thing all of us could do to help is just real good. im just learning how to do a haiku so if i could write a good one im gonna send it. youre just the most nice person do do this.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent stuff--checking it out. Thanks, girl~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea--and thank you for sharing it. I can't imagine what Japan is going through right now. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Jessica. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the heads up. I've been under the weather with allergies but will get over there :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is AWESOME!
    Thanks for posting, I'll link to you starting Monday! Or sooner...

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris