- My novel BITTER LIKE ORANGE PEEL is being considered by an agent. So the impatient fretting must be factored in. You'd be surprised how much time I waste staring at the wall.
- I'm 2/3 of the way into another novel, called WHITE LADY. And loving it. Literary/Crime/Thriller? Really need to figure out its genre.
- I'm 1/3 into my second Writing in Nutshell Series craft book called, Adverbs & Clichés in a Nutshell: Demonstrated Transitions from Perfectly Atrocious Adverbs, and Dull as Dishwater Clichés, into Gourmet Descriptions. You can see the first in the series HERE.
- I'm well on track organizing an anthology called, Indiestructible: Inspiring Stories from the Publishing Jungle, in which many fantastic authors are contributing such as Susan Kaye Quinn, Anne R. Allen, Leigh T. Moore, and many others!
- Critting the wonderful Matthew MacNish's manuscript, Running From Ruby Ridge. Whisper: It's really fabulous.
- I have a few interviews to get done ... whoops, I totally just remembered now.
- Bits and bobs of organizational stuff for the Homeric Writers' Retreat & Workshop with literary agent Katharine Sands.
- Vine Leaves Literary Journal. Never ending. We just hired two more team members! Whoop! And have an awesome contest happening. 1,600 Euros worth in prizes! Bigger whoop!
With all that I have my other life. You know, the one that consists of a day job, that can sometimes be a bit stressful with its deadlines. Somewhere in this other life I also have my partner and dog to pay attention too. Most of the time I have no idea where they are. I should start looking in the cupboards. Or maybe it's me that's gone missing. :-P
What's on your plate at the moment?
Hope you all have a great weekend. See ya Monday!
Wow, I don't feel so busy now.ReplyDelete
The life of the multi-tasker! My list would look just as scary.ReplyDelete
Oh, dearest Jess, I remember what it was like in my 30s. Such exciting projects and a rich, full life you have. Take a moment to breathe and enjoy it. Pretty please.ReplyDelete
I hear ya, sugar.ReplyDelete
Hang on for the ride, because let's face it, we're exactly alike and we'd be bored without a full plate :-P
Aw, thanks, Jess! And I really love how every time you share a new picture, you look like a completely different, but equally beautiful, person.ReplyDelete
Hi Jess ... that is full- on - crumbs ... but some amazing projects finished, getting there .. and oh here's to the agent. Just wonderful .. you put me to shame ... happy days - cheers HilaryReplyDelete
Love to see how you've moved forward in your career, taking charge! Awesome!ReplyDelete
Crap, girl! That's a lot on your plate!!!! I sure hope you take some time to just relax too. Nobody can keep that up without a good rest in there!ReplyDelete
omg--you and me both with the crazy-busy! I've got to wrap up Matt's MS, too, and you're SO right! LOVE! And yaay!!! What a great picture of you! Good luck w/BLOP--ha ha! :D <3ReplyDelete