Thursday 11 December 2014

The era of personal blogging has come to an end for me and it's time to say au revoir!

Is this sad news? Hell no!

I have to admit, this is quite bittersweet, as I started this blog way back in 2010 and met some of the most fabulous people through here whom I remain in touch with today (and some I've even met face-to-face!)

Please do not be alarmed, I am not disappearing from social media, and The Artist Unleashed has a new home! If you have written for The Artist Unleashed on this blog in the past, please rest assured that all posts will be migrated to the new website. I will also write my own posts on The Artist Unleashed now and again too, but keeping within the theme and focus of the site: to provide a wealth of information and inspiration for writers and artists.

Also, if you're worried about losing touch, please don't! I'm hardly here as myself anymore, and I am prolifically active on Facebook and Twitter, so connect with me there. You can also subscribe to my newsletter, if you haven't already, to stay up-to-date with my news. Oh, and there is always email!

And just for fun, here is the link to the very first blog post I wrote on here. Can you imagine if I had kept up this alliteration?!?!?

Well, that's all from me ... over and out ... and now I'm crying ... dammit.

18 comments:

  1. I've slowed down too. But I have you on my twitter feed. We can always keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can! I'm hardly here anymore anyway, so I don't think it's going to make much difference. Are you on Facebook, Clarissa?

      Delete
  2. Will miss you, but no need to too much because I always have you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've struggled to keep up with blogging too. See you on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying with you; but you will be seen throughout the webs. Good luck in your new ventures Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, I've been a fan of your blog (and you) since way back. There's just too much to do to devote to much blogging. I know how busy you are. I'm glad you have one less obligation. Knowing you, you're probably replacing this blog with three more activities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really sad! Will go follow your new site so I don't miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a shame but I understand your reasons and I'll keep following via Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogger hates me already, I can't seem to reply to individual comments. But thanks for your support, all, and I will see you around! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jess - it's great to see you spreading your wings even more ... you've achieved so much already and have much to offer ... but you're around and that's the main thing - good luck with all new projects .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss the blogging, I do, but I don't miss the people because we're all still in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I echo Hilary's sentiments! You're extremely talented, Jess. I don't see you disappearing. You're a bright rising star who's yet to reach her zenith.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look how much you've done since 2010! You're awesome! And so glad so have "met" you <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica, my first blogger friend! I should have known you'd read the tea leaves and know when to adapt to keep pace with this ever-changing world in which we're living. So, to continue paraphrasing McCartney (and/or Axl) for some reason: Live, and let (your blog) die. Sure, I may stay a troglodyte and keep mine going (a bloglodyte?), but I look forward to all you unleash upon the world at your new site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can understand. Good to know you won't be far from us. Guess we can just whistle if we need you. Or click on something.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope to check you out from time to time. It's been great reading your posts! Happy New Year and may your productivity only increase from here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did I miss this post, Jessica???? I've considered doing the same thing but decided quitting blogging wasn't for me since blogging really is my favorite form of social media. But it makes sense for many people, especially writers who have accomplished what they set out to do and have made as much progress in achieving their goals as you have. I wish you all the best, dear Jessica!!! See you online!

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris