Thursday 29 September 2011

Photos, photos and more photos!

So sorry to have been gone so long, but I just couldn't drag myself away from all the fun and my family ... Wanna see what I've been up to? Here's a sneak peak (there are over 1000 photos to show for this, but I've just pulled out a handful ... well ... a fairly LARGE handful ...

Early morning, arriving on Ithaca with my cousin Jamie by sea taxi because the ferry wasn't running the night before.
Whole fam (except mother who is behind camera) in small village called Kioni. Left to right: Me, Helga (aunt), Jamie (cousin), Robyn (aunt's best friend, and now a part of the fam), Demetri (father), Melissa (cousin).
Hehehehehe ....
lunch! :o)
Frikes Bay ...

Beach ...
walking track ...


View of Vathi (main village) from highest mountain top
local cafenion ... "squark" (there was a parrot in the house)
Dinner at local restaurant ...
Aw ...
On road to Exoghi ...
On road to Exoghi ...
Exoghi ...
Exoghi ...
My parents ... :o)
Me in role of old Greek widow ...
Where Ulysses Palace is said to have been ...
Big night out ....
Stone skipping at Filiatro beach ...
Shepard trail ...
The donkey Melissa named Bert ...
Heehaw!!!
When I was 14 we had a pic like this taken, so we decided to replicate it! :o)
5:30 am waiting for taxi to take us to the port to go back to Athens ... Ugh ...
on ferry ...

On road to Athens via Delphi ...


Me giving pep talk to my sunscreen bottle ;o)

Delphi ...
Delphi ...
Freezing my butt off in Arachova ...
Back home to Athens and straight to Acropolis!
Shopping in the Plaka (old town Athens) ...
Bead heaven ...
Typical street fruit stall ...
We're "proud!" Um ... what about again?
Shopping accomplished!
Soldiers outside Parliament House (Vouli)
Jamie pretending to pinch a soldier's bottom. Naughty naughty! :o)
My family's last night in Greece on my balcony. My dog Holly falling in love with my aunt :o)

Until next Monday, folks, when I resume my normal blogging schedule :o) Have a great weekend!

22 comments:

  1. Love those beautiful bays and beaches. Too bad the place doesn't have any history to speak of.

    And thanks for taking us on the tour! Love the one with you and your sisters like when you were fourteen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well no wonder! You look like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful pictures Jessica, loved one in particular, I guess you know doubt know which one,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time..fabulous photos...you do the Greek widow a little TOO well. What was the original purpose of those pompoms on the shoes do you suppose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! What a gorgeous place! I'm so jealous. I would love to visit some day. And your family looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, lovely photos. You had a good time with your family - everyone looks so happy. I suppose the time went by far too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT pictures. As if I'm not dying to come to Greece even more now :-) You're beautiful, Jess and it looks like a fabulous time with family. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely group, and you are absolutely gorgeous! Great pictures. Looks like a lot of fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic family fun! Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing! So happy you got to spend time with family and friends...and in such beautiful places :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That burro is laughing at you! Looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you! Looks like you're having a ball, and I love it when fun family comes for a visit. And it's sad when they leave. I think my fave is you as the Greek widow--BAH!!! :D

    And I like your bangs. My youngest just asked me to cut hers--very fashion-forward. *snort* :D But it IS! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! You better put one of those XXX warnings on your blog.

    Seriously though? Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures. You're family looks like so much fun! Glad you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw! I love the pictures (so beautiful)! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I want to travel. But only if I can go with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a great time! I love it when family comes to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What sweet pictures. I love your bangs, Jessica. And your parents are still so cool-looking. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jessica .. what a wonderful time you've had .. so pleased to see the pictures (or a few of them!) .. fun - thanks Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi miss jessica! im glad you got home all safe. wow! i love all those pictures so much. you got me feeling like i been there with you. thanks for sharing out your trip. you got a real nice family.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  22. I AM SO JEALOUS! These pictures look absolutely beautiful, and you guys look like such a fun, happy bunch. I hope I get to go to Greece one day!

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris