Friday 3 June 2011

Lenny Lee Fest

So today among some other wonderful blogger friends, I'm posting something for a very special friend of mine. This boy is eleven years old and even though I have never seen his face, I believe he has one of the biggest smiles and tightest hugs in the world.

This boy is called Lenny Lee. If you don't know Lenny Lee, I suggest you get cracking! You're missing out on the best
indoor sunshine anyone could possibly give.

So once you finish up here, click THIS and check him out, introduce yourself, or even just say hi. You'll see as soon as you get there how special this little guy is.

So in honor of Lenny today, I'd like to tell you all what else Lenny is to me. And even though indoor sunshine is one of the greatest lift-me-ups, there is a lot more that Lenny gives me too. So ...

THANK YOU Lenny for being a part of my life.

When I'm feeling down, your emails bring a smile to my face like no other. This smile runs so deep, and so strong sometimes I don't even know what to do with it. Do I walk around all day looking like a clown? Do I accost the supermarket checkout chicks with over-the-top chirpiness? Do I go and give my husband a massage when I hate giving massages? Do I go and bake a batch of cookies because I'm in such a good mood? (I never bake, btw, but you make me want to bake!)

YES!

I do do all these things because I'm PROUD to walk around with a ditsy smile on my face all day because it has come from a precious soul called Lenny. Lenny, you have given me so much and I'm sure you don't even know it. I'm actually very prone to depression, and you know what? YOU have pulled me out of it on numerous occasions without even knowing it. How cool is that????

Keep on smiling Lenny, and shine that indoor sunshine everywhere!!!!

MWAH!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOX



35 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica .. this is just wonderful .. love the MWAH at the end .. Lenny certainly inspired me - he just stands out in the crowd.

    He's one special lad .. and that indoor sunshine is just what I need sometimes ..

    Great fun post - love to you, your hubby and Lenny .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lenny is awesome isn't he? :D
    And you're as awesome for doing this. What a lovely purpose for a blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been too long since my last visit to Lenny's blog. Thanks for the reminder!! He truly is remarkable and indoor sunshine describes him perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice post. "Indoor sunshine" is a perfect description of Lenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Lenny makes me want to bake cookies, too. :) His emails are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second post this morning I have run across about Lenny. I guess I will have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Lenny and love you. What a great tribute to such a lovely guy as our Lenny Lee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So heartfelt. Lenny gives us the best of him when we're down. We're lucky to have him. You explain why perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's the man. You've described him perfectly Jess, I feel exactly the same way.

    Hi Lenny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Jess. I know what you mean. This little guy can make any day better, just by being him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw...so inspiring. I feel so lucky to have met Lenny, too. He's not only given each of us some sunshine, but has brought us together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful post and so inspiring,
    Hope this reaches you as I am still in the US.
    Have a good day.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lenny IS a real ray of sunshine in the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome post, Jessica!!! I wish I had know about the love fest. I would have loved to have participated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post! Love all the sunshine that's being spread! Lenny is a special kid, and I hope he's cheered with all the sunshine that's returning to him today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww, that was lovely, Jessica! Lenny is truly a gift to all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy wow, Jessica! This was truly wonderful--the perfect description of how Lenny's sunshine impacts us all. LOVE it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, Jessica, this was wonderful! Yay for Lenny - what a special person he is.

    ReplyDelete
  19. its so great to see all these posts for Lenny. He's my favorite- such a strong, courageous kid and talented to boot. This is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lenny has brought so much joy to so many. I hope all these posts help him to see the impact he's made on us, and how we are all better people for it. :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  21. Indoor sunshine--YES! Perfect. :)

    We love you, Lenny.

    Huggleberries,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lenny and I share the same birthday! He's definitely a beaming ray of sunshine in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lenny is feeling the love today.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the new background. Lenny seems like a good kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so wonderful. Lenny is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I truly have been under a rock. I just found out about Lenny today! Loved your post. :)
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing how much affection we can feel for a kid whose face we've never seen! And you are right -- his comments and emails never fail to make me smile. I get them in the middle of a work day when I might be overwhelmed or swamped -- and I smile. I get them in the morning before my coffee when I'm feeling grumpy -- and I smile. (And maybe put my hands on my hips and wonder: What was Lenny doing up and blogging at 2 am????? But that's just the mother/teacher in me.)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know exactly what you mean, that deep down smile! Wonderful!!

    p.s. I tried to click on your FB button and it didn't work?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love it! I love wearing a ditsy smile on my face, thanks to Lenny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. He really does create smiles deep down inside of us, doesn't he? This is a great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Indoor sunshine is the perfect way to describe Lenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is wonderful what people are doing. I'm sorry I never got in on it.

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris