Wednesday 17 March 2010

Fighting Fatigue For Freedom

Following on from Friday's post, I'd like to add that freedom from ELT is being fought for despite my fatigue at the end of each day. I'm ploughing through work with patience, while plotting my next project in my head simultaneously. And when I've edited my daily designated quota of ELT text, I move on to what I love to do. Write. Right?

Indeed, it may injure my brain cells, like a lotta overload of liquor. Indeed, it may tire me tremendously, like I've run rampantly round and round a roundabout, looking for the red sign at the end of the road, that reads,


But I seriously cannot sleep without having done at least a little bit. It's an illness. I've decided I'd like to call it laziless. And yes, I like inventing words - adding to the vast array of English lexis - because lately the dictionary lacks lustre. It's time to pull out the post-its and play.

*Note: Posted this morning, on behalf of last night, because last night I was too tired!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're so tired! I'm fried too, mostly because of the time change, but maybe because I stay up too late...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes that can always make a difference! Ours doesn't change until the 28th. I don't know how I fit in all the things I do in everyday! How do you do it? How do you handle all those comments on your blog? You must get a seperate email for each one right? Loved you post today. Very informative! :)

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris