Wednesday 10 March 2010

Seriously Silly Smiles

Seriously, I've been sillily smiling since I smeared my face with soap this morning. Happy about what, I have no hope in hell of knowing. Happy about having to hurry to finish some work? No. Happy hearing about the horrendous hail in my home town? No. Have you ever just woken up and felt head-over-heals happy with out any reason? Well hey, I have! There are usually so many thick theoretical thoughts cluttering the pathways of creation, but today things seem different. Today I tossed the temptation to whine in the trash - and you know what I revealed? I revealed enthusiasm. Life's too short, I've decided. And seriously silly smiles, no matter how seriously stupid they seem, are worth looking seriously silly and stupid for. So, seriously, who cares that 'sillily' isn't a word. From today it is. "I've decided," says Allo smiling sillily.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a lot like that... just a happy person in general. I dunno, it just seems like the thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be like this every day! :) It's funny isn't it, when things just, all of the sudden, seem worthwhile. I'm usually quite pessimistic... (says me wondering if I should be admitting it ... hmm hmm hmm *humming trailing off into distance).

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris