Monday 30 August 2010

Am I talking out of my arse?

I say 'poetry'.
You say, 'I never understand it.'
I say, 'Look at it like putting together a puzzle.'
You say, 'How?'
I say, 'Think symbolism'.
You say, 'What do you mean?'
I say, 'When you read 'flower'. Don't always expect it to mean 'flower'. Expect it to mean what the flower might represent or symbolize according to the other words surrounding it - according to the emotions the poet is trying to portray.'
You say, 'I don't get it.'
I say, 'You never understand them.'
You say, 'Have you seen Ben?.'
I say, 'Ah, very poetic'.
You look at me blankly.
I smile.
You say, 'So is that really a smile or does it symbolize something else?'
I say, 'Now you're talking out of your arse.'
You say, 'I am not.'
I say, 'Think symbolism. Your arse symbolises the crap you're uttering.'
You say, 'Ah! Now I get it!'
I say, 'Get what exactly?'
You say, 'Well, if I want to write a poem, all I have to do is talk ot of my arse!'



22 comments:

  1. funny! and the perfect picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was too great! And that picture? Well that's an image that's burned into my mind for the day!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That explains my relationship to poetry perfectly! I think I get it a bit more, though - you're good, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny and the picture was the perfect ending, it's disturbing how funny I found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL! Okay, definitely not showing my kids that picture. I'll never hear the end of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sounds just like me. I haven't always liked poetry but I'm trying. I really should try more.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol--omg. nice, very nice.~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. that picture is the most horrible and hilarious picture i've ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  9. teehee--oh very nice. I loved it.

    And I am a person who often doesn't understand poetry, but only when the poet is trying too hard. I think yours is usually just right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I understand it, then it is poetry. If I don't it is poetry for someone else. ☺

    I enjoy yours, I understand it. Love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROTFL! This pretty much sums it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know whether to laugh or be grossed out by the picture, but I'm choosing to laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! The post, the pic, everything. LOLOLOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your arse symbolises the crap you're uttering...ROFLMAO!! Is it still poetry if I'm laughing out my ass instead of talking??

    Loved the pic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi miss jessica! whoa! promise im not looking at that picture. ha ha. my brother would like it and that poem. im gonna show it to him.
    ...smiles from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was fantastic! And the picture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris