Friday 16 April 2010

Part N: Nagging and Nitpicking



Sorry, no alliteration for this - otherwise it'll lack authenticity.

WIFE = bold
HUSBAND = italics

Can you wash the dishes?
But I washed them last week.
Oh wow, what a feat.
Don't be sarcastic.
Why not? I wash them every bloody day.
Oh stop complaining.
I'm not complaining, I'm asking for some help.
Well, I can't. I've got too much work to do.

Can you hang the clothes on the line?
Has the cycle finished already?
Yes.
Can I do it later?
No, the clothes will get all wrinkly.
I don't care if my clothes are wrinkly.
Well I do.
Well I'm not hanging your clothes!
Why not? I hang your clothes all the time.
Well, I can't. I've got too much work to do.

Can you go buy some milk?
I just bought some yesterday.
We drunk it already.
Already? You mean you drunk it.
I did not, I only had some in my coffee.
Well where did it go?
Didn't you have cereal? And then a frappe?
Oh yeah.
So can you buy some milk?
No, I can't. I've got too much work to do.

We need to pay the electricity bill.
Well go pay it then.
Why can't you pay it?
Because I'm busy.
The least you can do is go pay a bill when you're going out anyway. I do everything else around here.
You do not. I do my equal share. Stop complaining all the time.
Why should I stop complaining?
Cause I can't stand it.
Well I can't stand your lazy arse.
[laughs] So, will you go pay the bill?
No, I can't. I've got too much work to do.

Don't forget to sign up for my Internal Conflict Blog Fest!

20 comments:

  1. Sonds like a typical family,
    I found this extremely thought out and written,

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really amusing. I love a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arguing is so tiring. haha love the cartoon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. Sounds like my home life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true, and I love how you captured it. Plus that cartoon is hilarious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, fess up. You have my house bugged, don't you? Where is it? Behind the bookcase? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeew I really saw myself in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha - the towel thing so reminded me of the discussions I have with my son. What is it with towels, guys and the floor? UGH.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe. Loved that cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. guess i break the mold here:) i do the outside work/maintenance and most of the inside work as well. have my own income yet she's the real breadwinner. we share cooking responsibilities, and generally we both load the dishwasher. i take care of the vehicles as well. in our fifteen years of marriage i don't believe she's filled her gas tank fifteen times! the defense rests, your honor`ess. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, just change the husband and wife to brother and sister and you have me and my brother ALL OUR LIVES!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you sure you haven't installed concealed cameras in my house?

    ~ Rayna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, married life is such push and pull. One of the things that bugs me the most about my husband is that he always has to hold the remote. I didn't realize this until after I was pregnant with our first, otherwise I might have rethunk this whole marriage thing....and I still think 'remote hogging' should be legal grounds for divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehehe, yeah I got my 'assistant' to bug you all! *wicked laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! As amusing as this was to read it was also painful because I recognise myself in it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too funny! See I don't have this problem, Lil Miss Independent Slutface does it all by herself....And that's the way I like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! That was great! I love it how you add the cartoons to your entries... makes things even more interesting! :-D

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris